Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Installing 2 lb Package Bees in 5 Frame Nuc Box's

We made this video after the first delivery of package bees last April. I finally got around to posting it. It is a good demonstration on how to install bees on a cold morning with no syrup spray.
 Using a five frame nuc box to start a 2 lb package of bees works great. There is enough room for the bees to fit in the box. The package will not be getting any bigger in population for about four weeks. The bees can keep the five frame nuc box warm, easier than a 10 frame box. The lady in the video, Megan, who helped me install the bees, had just shown up at my shop for some bee supplies for her three lb. package that was coming in a week. She left with her supplies and some good experience about putting package bees in a hive.