Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Queens on Thursday

I will have queens on Thursday.
They will be all Italian.
There will be no Carniolan queens available until around the 20th of May.
An Italian queen can be put into a Carniolan hive with out any problems.
I talked to Ray my bee supplier. He says they have been having high winds for a couple weeks. This caused many queens not to make it back to their mating nucs.
All of the queen breeders in California have suffered with this late windy conditions, that only recently has hampered queen production.
The weather has gotten better and he did put out 4,000 Carniolan queen cells more than a week ago. The queens should be ready to be caged around the 20th.