Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Goldenrod

Goldenrod is in full bloom around the metro. The Goldenrod in my wife's flower garden has large heavy heads. I swear every pollinator in Washington County is in my yard working the Goldenrod. The bees are loving it.
 A beekeeper stopped in my shop today, he extracted his honey last week. He put his wet extracted supers on top of the inner cover for the bees to rob out any nectar that was left. He went to check on them yesterday and found the bees were putting honey back in the supers. So he had to put the supers back on and he is hoping to get one to two supers of honey off the goldenrod.
Full Blooming Flower Heads of Goldenrod photo by W Kloek

Bee working the Goldenrod photo by W Kloek