Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Friday, July 19, 2013

Big Honey Crop

This nectar flow is proving to be a big honey crop. I have been talking to beekeepers coming through purchasing more supers. They all have been saying their hives are full of bees and the honey is still coming in strong.
 I do think this nectar flow has some staying power. We are coming up on the second cutting of hay. Alfalfa produces more nectar this time of year than at any other time. The ground still has good moisture and our honey plants are still looking great.
 Here are some pics of some beekeepers hives. Most of the hives started as packages this spring.
photo by T. Hinzie

photo by T. Hinzie

photo by R. Connoy