Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2008

There has been an accident

The delivery truck was involved in an accident this morning with several other semi's.
The drivers were not injured, the tractor wasn't damaged, the trailer was damaged.
The trailer was up on another trailer locked together and blocking I-94. Two pallets of bees fell out of the truck, they were banded together and other than the drop, really not in bad shape.
They got the trailers separated.
The surviving bees will be reloaded on to another bee truck that was in the area and will be on the way here.
I expect delivery tonight around 9 pm. Barring any more problems.
Now the bad news, around 200 packages were lost. I have to make those numbers up. Everyone will be sharing the pain. If you ordered one package you will get that package. If you ordered more, you will not get what you ordered. The size of package and race of queen may change also. At this time I don't know for sure if they will be replaced. My supplier wasn't making any promises being this just happened. Refunds for the bees will be sent out in the next 10 days, I can't do it on the spot.
I am planning for Saturday pick up here.
It is very important for everyone to stick to the schedule for pick up
.
There was no Friday pick up so more people will be coming.
I will be here Sunday also for pick up so people in the blizzard don't have to rush here.
When you come to pick up turn into the driveway with the sign that says B's.

We will go by the first initial of your last name:
...........
A - C ...8am - 9am
D - F ...9am - 10am
G- J ...10 am - 11am
K-M ...11am - 12pm
N-P ....12pm - 1pm
Q-R ....1pm - 2pm
S-Z .....2pm - 3pm

Check this blog to make sure they have arrived.