Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Installing Package Bees

This is one of my old video's about installing package bees. It is a little out of date because now all of the bee cages are plastic instead of wood. This video is with wood cages. But all the rest of the video is solid and rings true today.
I will follow this one up with the plastic cage install tomorrow.
Double  Click on the video for full screen

I do like installing the queen  using a rubber band to hold the cage on the frame. That will be in tomorrows video. Or you can see all my videos by clicking the link for our YouTube channel in the upper right corner of this blog. You can't see the link on a phone without switching to web version.