Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Monday, June 15, 2015

What is happening now

I see, as I travel around the Stillwater area. Yellow Sweet clover, White Dutch Clover and Bird's Foot Trefoil is blooming everywhere. Sumac is also starting to bloom. Many flowering plants are starting to pop up everywhere.
 My Basswood trees have not bloomed yet but that may be getting close or is happening in the cities or the southwestern suburbs.
Swarming is a concern still. Strong hives that get cooped up with a rainy period may get the swarming impulse going. Looking for swarm cells is still a good idea until we get further into the main nectar flow. All entrance reducers should be out and supers should be on.