Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

I have a nectar flow

I went out to check my yard in my back yard for bear damage being a bear was spotted at the neighbors.
My bear fence was kryptonite to the bear. He shall not pass!
While I was happy with my new fencer I thought I would check for a nectar flow. Low and behold white comb and they were filling the top deep. The flow must have just started because frames were not full but now comb was growing everywhere. I have clover and birdsfoot trefoil in bloom around the beeyard.
You can see the new white wax being added on top of the brown burr comb. This is an indication that a nectar flow is on.

Looking down into the edge of the frames. New white comb is being build and the bees are capping the new honey with new white beeswax. You can see the inside frames are being filled. The outside frames are being worked on with new comb under construction. There are no feeders on so the bees are getting this from the flower source.
Supers on now, Supers on now, Supers on now, Supers on now, Supers on now