Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2020

Our solar ground mount build

Here is the video I promised about our solar ground mount. Finally got it up and running. If you are interested.
 In my opinion the tilting ground mount is the way to go with solar panels. You can always change the angle over the year to get the most solar out of your solar panels. Removing snow is a breeze. Some folks can only put solar panels on a roof system, and thats fine. The solar still works well.
 Some municipalities don't allow ground mount systems. Plus ground mount systems usually cost more than a roof mount. But, I have some construction friends that helped to make this all possible. I did call the solar company before I did anything, to see if they would put the panels on the ground mount if I built it. They were ok with it. Some companies may not do this because they would be afraid they may be assuming liability with the ground mount.
 The ground mount is from MT Solar. The ground mount is called a multi pole mount. It holds 28 - 60 cell solar panels.