Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Bee Strategy

 I put some packages in five frame nuc boxes on bee pick up day. I knew I couldn't get them where I wanted them to go because of the road to my bee yard was too wet.
 For bee strategy, putting package bees in nucs works well if it is cold out or the hives will be moving to a new location.
 Some beekeepers from the northern Minnesota and Wisconsin. Can put package bees in nucs, leave the bees down in the southern part of the state. When the weather warms up, the beekeepers can retrieve the nucs and put them in 10 frame equipment at their northern beeyards.