- The good news is robbing will be less because bees won't be able to fly for long periods during the day.
- Entrance reducers or mouse guards should be installed. With the cooler weather, mice may start moving into the hives. Entrance reducers can be with the wide opening.
- We are still a long way off before winter covers are installed. Usually winter covers are put on anytime after Nov. 1st
- Feeding is still going on. Topping off the hive for sufficient food stores for winter.
- One frame about in the center of the top box, should be only partially full of honey. It helps the bees move up into the top box, if they can move up on empty comb. If all the frames are full, the bees don't like to move onto the frozen capped honey. If a frame had the bottom third of the frame, empty of honey, will help the bees move up in January.
Thursday, September 27, 2018
The weather has cooled off to more seasonable temperatures.