Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Making Creamed Honey

  This is the time of year that I make creamed honey for my holiday gifts. The creamed honey takes about two weeks to set properly. So getting it done by Thanksgiving, usually is enough time to set, by mid December. I usually make plain and cinnamon flavors. To make cinnamon, I use powdered cinnamon. No all powdered cinnamon tastes great with honey. Being we probably can't get a taste sample of cinnamon with COVID, but I usually use a Vietnamese cinnamon. The mixture is 1/8th cup of cinnamon per 10 lbs of honey. Usually I will mix in my seed first into the warm honey. I take a bowl of honey and mix in the cinnamon powder. This gets the cinnamon wet. When it appears that the cinnamon is saturated with the honey, I then mix the cinnamon mixture into the pail of honey. Stir the cinnamon in so it gets spread throughout the honey mixture.

                   Making Creamed Honey