Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Spring is coming

I look forward to spring every year to start the new bee season. One of the first signs of spring I hear is the black capped chickadee feebee call. The chickadees start this call always around the first of February.
The days are getting longer and the sun's solar power feels warmer.
 Willow tree branches is turning yellow. As I drive home in the afternoon it is now easy to spot willow trees. The yellow willow branches is now very noticeable against the back drop of our snowy winter backdrop. Willow trees are a good source of springtime pollen for the bees.