Excerpt from Pigeon Mountain Bee Supplier newsletter this week:
I cannot stress to you all how important it is for you to read and follow the hiving installation instructions!! Here are just a few of the calls we’ve received this week from our customers:
- Upon arrival, I took the Queen out of her cage to look at her. She stung me and flew away.
- I was busy and did not install my bees the day they arrived. I didn’t want them in the house overnight, so I put them in my bass boat outside for the night. The next morning they were all dead, as the temperature fell below freezing.
- I put both of my packages into my one hive and turned both Queens loose at the same time.
- I was not home when my bees arrived. my wife put them in a sealed plastic bag as she was afraid of them. They were mostly dead by the time I got home.
- The spray container I used to spray some sugar water on the bees had been used for spraying insecticides before. This killed my bees...I did not know they were that sensitive to insect poisons.