Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Honey Melters

I found these two honey melters on youtube. They both used litebulbs for the heat source. With any heaters there always needs to be caution so there is not a fire. Always use a licensed electrician to do any wiring.
 I am not recommending these. I am just showing what other beekeepers are doing. Making any melter that is not UL approved is at your own risk.
A manufactured honey liquifier ( ie: Mann Lake, Dadant etc) is still the safest way to liquify honey, while they are expensive, they can give you piece of mind that they were properly designed and safe to use.

 Two lite bulbs might be too much. I like the thermostat. The maker of the video is a little annoying with clearing his throat. Double click on video for full size.



I like this concept but he needs a thermostat for heat control, like the one in the first video.



  Mounting a light bulb without an electrical box is not a good idea.