Disclaimer:

This blog explains how I keep bees. It works for me, it might not work for you. Use my methods at your own risk. Always wear protective clothing and use a smoker when working bees.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year and hopefully great things to come

Happy New Year to all of my fellow beekeepers.
The new year is upon us and for now all seems well on the overwintering side.
The warm Dec has given the bees a month of tropical winter weather. Hopefully the bees didn't start raising any brood during this nice stretch of weather. Honey consumption during this time should have been low do to the string of warm days. Not much stress on the bees so far.
I checked my hive scale today and it went down 10 lbs since Thanksgiving. That is about one deep frame of honey.